What Do Piano Lessons Cost?
We waste our lives when we do not pray and think and dream and plan and work toward magnifying God in all spheres of life.”
Natalie’s Piano Studio is committed to providing a high quality, leading-edge music education for every student. There are many expenses involved in running a studio, but I make every effort to provide maximum value for families in an affordable, fair, and efficient manner. The following policies are designed to minimize the time and energy spent on bookkeeping and scheduling so that it can be devoted instead to working with students.
Studio Enrollment and Fees
- All students must turn in completed enrollment forms by August 1, along with their non-refundable $50 enrollment fee, to reserve their spot in the studio for the following year. This fee will cover the personalized Assignment Book/Practice Journal and will be used to offset the cost of supplies and services offered throughout the year.
- Lesson slots not reserved by August 1 will be made available to new students.
- The lesson fee is $100 a month per student regardless of the number of lessons that month. This fee includes weekly 45-minute private lessons and participation in any of the elective group classes and studio recitals offered throughout the year.
- The schedule for each semester, including weeks that there will be no lessons, is posted on the website (accessible by logging in to your family account on the Studio Login page) and included in the student assignment books each year.
- The schedule is structured to allow for one additional week of no lessons each semester. This may be scheduled at Natalie’s discretion. In the event that such a week is not scheduled, the student will benefit from an extra lesson that semester.
- Invoices will be sent by e-mail on the 1st day of each month. Payment may be made by check, cash, credit card, or PayPal.
- Following the initial interview, families who enroll in piano lessons will receive a welcome e-mail with studio login information and passwords. This can be used at any time to access your private account to check your balance, view past invoices, look at the studio calendar, or see additional posted notes.
- Payment is due by the 10th of the month. A late fee of $15 will be assessed for payments not received by the 10th.
Obtaining Books and Other Necessary Supplies
- Piano Books – Your child will need a core lesson curriculum (approx. $50/year) and 2-3 supplemental books throughout the year (approx. $10-$12/ea.), depending on his progress. Generally, I will purchase the books and bill you so that the cost is added to your invoice for the following month. You may pay for the total invoiced amount together or separately – whichever you prefer.
- Metronome – If you do not already own one, you will need to purchase a metronome (approximately $40) or download a metronome app (I recommend Metronome+ as a great free app!) within the first month of lessons. The student will need to have regular access to a smart phone or tablet in order for the app to be an effective tool.
- Customized Assignment Book – Each September students will receive an Assignment Book that corresponds with our theme for the year. The cost of this book is included in the studio enrollment fee.
- If your child becomes sick or is otherwise not able to attend their lesson, please contact me as soon as possible because I schedule each day based on the assumption that every student will attend. Cancelled lesson spots in a given week will be made available to other students for make-up lessons.
- If I am ever unable to give your child a lesson due to an unforeseen circumstance or sickness, I will notify you as soon as possible.
- There are no refunds for missed lessons.
- In the case of extended absences (for vacations, moves, etc.), we can make arrangements for long-distance lessons via Skype or Facetime, e-mail assignment updates, or even a lesson by phone or instant messaging (yes, we’ve done it all!).